Sunday, June 3, 2007

Go Cavs!


Well we had a fun weekend... But the kids are suffering because of it. We kept the kids up at a friends house until after midnight to watch the Cleveland Caveliers advance to the finals Saturday night. We were all so excited but the kids are so tired today. Church was rough, and tonight Ava just didn't want to go to bed. Art went and laid down with her for a while and when he came out he said i think she is almost asleep. Well a couple minutes later she came out of her room crying again and I said "Ava whats wrong? Why won't you stay in bed?" and with her cutest whine possible she said "dogs, scawy (scary)" You see we have these neighbor dogs that like to bark and Ava quickly learned that she got sympathy from me if she was afraid of the dogs...Now the dogs were not even barking and she has learned to say "dogs scawy" every time she is trying to avoid bed or nap. It is amazing to me how quickly children pick up on these tactics! But I am such a sucker for my kids and their sweetness, that I went in her room with her and she gave me hugs and kisses and quickly went to sleep. Now do you see why she uses those tactics...Because the work EVERY TIME! But it's hard NOT to be crazy about this little trouble maker who has very obviously entered the terrible twos!!

2 comments:

April said...

This is the cutest picture ever!!! So great. "Scary dogs" - Ava is so funny and so smart.

Cindy said...

Well, I must say it has been fun seeing all you did this summer. Keep the pictures coming, and of course the stories! Didn't know I had writers in my family!!
Cute and funny!!